- There are approximately 5 million touch receptors in our skin? 3,000 in a finger tip.
- Healthy touch of any kind can reduce the heart rate and
lower blood pressure.
- Julius Caesar used massage to help his epilepsy.
- In 1996, massage therapy/bodywork was officially offered for
the first time as a core medical service in the Olympics in
- Massaging and gently pulling on your ears – top, middle, and
bottom of outer earlobes once per day improves your
- The present lifestyle of too many Americans guarantees
lower back pain.
- Specialized massage improves the flow of lymph through the
body, relieving aches, pains, and flu-like symptoms.
- Touch and massage stimulates the release of endorphins,
the body’s natural pain killers.
- A 60 minute massage is about the same as 7-8 hours of
sleep to your body.
- Bob Hope, who lived to be 100, had daily massage as part
of his health regimen.
You can have a full-body massage with all of your clothes
Massage may be the oldest form of medical care. Egyptian
tomb paintings show people being massaged.
- Massage can be performed on a table, a chair, a couch, a
bed, a bench…on the entire body or just some parts, with or
without oils or lotions.
- There are about 75 common massage modalities used
Massage Facts: The earliest known meaning of “massage” in English was around 1450, when it meant “the action of saying Mass”
Do not forget to book your massage appointment with us.